Degrees: BSc , MSc Chemical Engineering
PhD Supervisors: Professor. M. Pourkashanian and Dr. Bill Nimmo
Energy 2050, Department of Mechanical Engineering
Research interests/project: Biomass combustion with carbon capture. Working with the BIOCAP project.
Research groups: CCS Group
- K. A. J. Al-Qayim, W. Nimmo and M. Pourkashanian. 2015. Comparative Techno-economic Assessment of biomass and coal with CCS technologies in a pulverized combustion power plant in the United Kingdom. Int’l J GHGC. 43 (2015) 82-92.
- Jaafar, K.A. 2012. Sanitary Inspection Data Survey of Drinking Water Resources in Sulaymaniyah Governorate. Statistical Analysis Report. WHO Reports, 2012.
- Jaafar, K.A. & Baldwin R. 2010. Characterization of Iraqi Zahdi Dates Pits. The Blessed Tree, Khalifa International Date Palm Award. (2) 2, 50.
- Jaafar, K.A. 2010. Biogas Production by Anaerobic Digestion of Date Palm Pulp Waste. Al-Khawarzmi Engineering Journal. (6) 3, 14.
- Doyle, P. & Jaafar. K.A. 2009. “Iraq Has an Opportunity to Become a Solar Leader” DAI Journal, Winter 2009-2010. P 7-9.
- Jaafar K.A. & Slaymoun, A. 2000. “Liquid-Liquid Equilibria of N-Methylpyrrolidone with Normal Alkanes and Aromatic Hydrocarbons”. International Conference of Chemical Engineering. Bulgaria.
Presentations: K. A. J. Al-Qayim, W. Nimmo* and M. Pourkashanian, Techno-economic Assessment of Biomass and Coal with CCS Technology. European Bioenergy and Carbon Capture Conference, 2015, Vienna.