Degree: MSc Chemical Engineering
PhD Supervisors: Professor Mohammed Pourkashanian, Professor Lin Ma, Professor Derek B. Ingham
Energy 2050, Department of Mechanical Engineering
Research interests/project: Process Modelling, Carbon Capture, Bioenergy
Research groups: Energy2050 (Carbon Capture, Utilization and Storage & Conventional Power)
- U. Ali, E.O. Agbonghae, K.J. Hughes, D.B. Ingham, L. Ma, M. Pourkashanian,Techno-Economic Process Design of a Commercial-Scale Amine-Based CO2Capture System for Natural Gas Combined Cycle Power Plant with Exhaust Gas Recirculation, Applied Thermal Engineering, (2016).
- M. Akram, U. Ali, T. Best, S. Blakey, K. Finney, M. Pourkashanian,Performance evaluation of PACT Pilot-plant for CO2 capture from gas turbines with Exhaust Gas Recycle, International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, 47 (2016) 137-150.
- Ali, U., Palma, C.F., Hughes, K.J., Ingham, D.B., Ma, L., Pourkashanian, M., 2015a. Impact of the operating conditions and position of exhaust gas recirculation on the performance of a micro gas turbine, in: Krist V. Gernaey, J.K.H., Rafiqul, G. (Eds.), Computer Aided Chemical Engineering. Elsevier, pp. 2417-2422.
- Ali, U., Palma, C.F., Hughes, K.J., Ingham, D.B., Ma, L., Pourkashanian, M., 2015a. Thermodynamic analysis and process system comparison of the exhaust gas recirculated, steam injected and humidified micro gas turbine, Turbine Technical Conference and Exposition. GT2015-42454, Proceedings of ASME Turbo Expo 2015, Montreal, Canada.
- Ali, U., Best, T., Finney, K.N., Palma, C.F., Hughes, K.J., Ingham, D.B., Pourkashanian, M., 2014. Process Simulation and Thermodynamic Analysis of a Micro Turbine with Post-combustion CO2 Capture and Exhaust Gas Recirculation.Energy Procedia 63, 986-996.
- Ali, U., J. Szuhánszki, M. Akram, C.F. Palma, K.J. Hughes, D.B. Ingham, L. Ma, and M. Pourkashanian, Sensitivity of Post-Combustion CO2 Capture at Pilot Scale Level, In 3rd Post Combustion Capture Conference (PCCC3): Boundary Dam Site, Canada, 8th – 11th September, 2015.